Can you believe it? I have come to the final semester of my final year in college! Seems like just yesterday I was a freshman, clueless as to where to even locate my lecture rooms!The journey has been a rough one, but the experiences and lessons learnt are ones I would not replace with anything in the world. In just a few short months school will really be out for me, and then all that I have been learning will truly be put to the test.
Every year millions of brilliant young minds are turned out of Universities and Colleges around the world and sent to put their education to use. With the job market as unstable as it is presently, finding employment within an organisation can prove a challenge. For this reason I chose this semester to do a course in entrepreneurship in the communication industry, and how interesting it has been so far!
I have always entertained the idea of being an entrepreneur... one day. But that has always been the issue with us; we put off those dreams and desires that we think are impossible or highly improbable and label them "FUTURE". The course has really got me rethinking however that maybe my dreams are not so impossible. Whats more, we can begin achieving and living our dreams now, rather than in some distant unknown "FUTURE".
For our course portfolio we have been asked to do a blog, so I thought instead of starting a new blog, why not do a series of lessons here on entrepreneurship? I know there are a lot of young and upcoming public relations and communications professionals who have secretively thought of owning their own enterprise or becoming the next media mogul, but thought it impossible.
Well guess what? NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE!!!
There are many successful young entrepreneurs around the world within the communication industry. What is there to prevent you from or me from joining the ranks? Quite frankly, the greatest hindrance to our success is OURSELVES.
Below in the Young Entrepreneur Highlight section is a video interview I conducted with one young entrepreneur who is currently attending the University of the West Indies (UWI), Mona .
Name: Nikolai-Andre Alexander
Age: 22 years
Enterprise: Quodesh Apparel and Designs
The inspiring thing is that there are many more like Nikolai-Andre in Jamaica and around the world who have not allowed anything to separate them from their dreams. Remember, nothing is impossible; the word itself says "I'm possible."
School is really out now. Its time to put the Learning to good use!
"It always seems impossible until its done." - Nelson Mandela

4 comments:
Gr8 job Tash; your are already being realized.
Thanks Brad! Glad you enjoyed it. Be sure to check out the others when I post them!
Great stuff Tsahai, keep up the good work :D
This is really interesting. I like it. Keep it up. You can check out my blog as well.
Post a Comment